This poster lists the activities planned for the 1880 Centennial celebration of the Battle of Kings Mountain.
- Ten thousand soldiers encamped on the grounds
- President Rutherford B. Hayes, his cabinet members, and the governors of all the states in the Union would attend
- A hundred-foot observatory with a telescope would offer views of the surrounding country
- Mr. Homesley, running the Piedmont House, offered accommodations
- Homesley and Williford, proprietors of the Monumental Restaurant, advertised their services:
If, within, you feel an aching void,
Come to the “Monumental” and have it destroyed
Meals we’ll prepare and serve them right
At all hours, both day and night.
We’ll have fresh Oysters and fresh Fish,
Fried or stewed, just as you wish.
Lunches at all prices,
And bread in large slices.
Come my friends and help us “holler,”
And get a square meal for half-a-dollar.
- A Centennial Hop would be given every evening
- A Grand Centennial Bal Masque on October 7, 1880, with Professor Barratti of New Orleans and his Mammoth Orchestra providing music
Printed by E G. Davis’ Print in Henderson, NC